Yesterday me and hubby were discussing the fact that we didn’t think we’d get our walls remodeled until August. We hadn’t heard anything about it, but the latest we heard was that “the people” were starting in June. I was a bit skeptical since summer tends to make people want their vacation and well, then work gets postponed.
Imagine my surprise when my husband texted me at lunch, telling me that they called him to say that they will start on Monday! I’ve been walking from room to room all afternoon with the wallpaper samples. Totally unnecessary, of course, because it is all going to be WHITE! Yay, white! I might make some exceptions to that rule, but I haven’t quite decided yet.
So, good day!
I also managed to find a nice place for purging, namely the medicine stash. Man, things that expired 2006 shouldn’t have been moved from where we actually lived in 2006! We’ve moved three times since then and I didn’t even think about checking dates. Here are the last couple of days of the Minimalist game:
11. Five pens/pencils, a useless pensharpener, four cute trinkets from my daughter’s room, a soft ball for babies
12. Three broken toy guns, another broken plastic toy (man I hate plastic toys!), a very old and dirty high chair and a very very dirty old potty that came with the allotment (I wish they’d taken those stuff with them), a pair of broken sun glasses, two books, an 80’s belt and two erasers (I’m telling the kids – if they don’t pick their stuff off of the floors in “my” rooms, it’s gone, and well, they didn’t listen so byebye crap on the floor!)
13. Four old hangers, two buckets of old paint, two paint brushes, two syringes (yes!), three hair clips
14. Fourteen books
15. Baby stuff that I can’t name in English and don’t really feel the need to learn so I won’t waste time googleing them either. Let me just say my youngest turns six this year, so yeah, well overdue. More than 15 pieces there.
16. I will also add the tally for tomorrow, which is all those medical things; bandages and such – more than 16 for sure!
Turns out once you go deep into the closets, you find things to purge!