I have been so down lately, wanting to quit my job and do something else completely. But someone wants to tell me something and I should really start listening. Instead of being negative I should be grateful.
1. Today was hard. All the teachers were down this Monday morning due to the results of the Swedish election. But then I opened my emails and found an email from a student, telling me how he’s working as a youth ambassador with anti Semitism thanks to a trip that we recommended him for last year. He told me he missed us. He sent a link to an article he was in. How can one not be so very proud?!
2. When I was leaving school, two of my old students came by and said they were there to visit me and tell me about their new schools. And how much they missed us, and that we are great teachers. How can that not make one feel happy?!
3. My co-workers get me. They don’t want me to quit my job, but they get me. How can I not be grateful for that?!
4. My husband makes everything better and I don’t know if I am ever really thanking him enough so that he understands that he’s the reason I even continue on sometimes.
5. My kids want to spend time with me. That amazes me because I’m not always that nice. Man I wish I had the patience and strength to be a nicer person to those who matter the most. Wishing won’t get you anywhere, action needs to be taken. I’m on it.
I will be grateful. I will not be sucked down into my own negative head.